1. Fill out the proper forms HERE
The filing fee for a Deceased Estate is $175.00.
Certified copies of the Letters of Authority are $11.00 each.
2. PUBLICATION FEE:
If the decedent died over 3 years ago from the date of filing, there is no publication fee due.
* If the decedent died less than 3 years ago, you must pay a publication fee. If publication is necessary, you may send a Notice to Creditors form or a Publication and Notice of Hearing form, along with a $95.15 money order payable to the Flint-Genesee County Legal News, to the Genesee County Probate Court by mail to: 900 S. Saginaw St., Rm. 502, Flint, MI 48502. The Probate Court, as a courtesy, will assist in sending the publication form and payment to the Flint-Genesee County Legal News. You are otherwise free to effectuate proper publication in this matter on your own accord, pursuant to Michigan Court Rules, and ensure an Affidavit of Publication is filed timely with the Probate Court.
3. Once you make your online payment, you will receive an email confirmation containing an order number.
4. ORIGINAL WILLS: If you are filing a deceased estate and have an original will, you must mail the original will to the Genesee County Probate Court, along with a copy of your email. The filing will be held until we receive the will and processed upon receipt.
5. When you receive the confirmation emails, you may then email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must include the ordered number in your email.
TO PAY ONLINE CLICK HERE